Navigen Inc., is a dynamic, ~20-person pharmaceutical discovery and development company leveraging the unique properties of D-peptides to advance novel therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need.
With our location in Salt Lake City at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains, Navigen employees benefit from a relatively low cost of living, beautiful scenery, and proximity to world-class outdoor activities such as snow sports, hiking, and mountain biking.
We are seeking a full-time Research Associate with a background in molecular biology and biochemistry to support drug discovery programs in multiple therapeutic areas. The successful candidate must produce high quality work with particular attention to detail, be willing to work flexible hours, and thrive under the pressure of meeting deadlines. This candidate must also be experienced in the below duties that will comprise the role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Molecular cloning
- Bacterial protein expression
- Protein purification via various chromatographic methods
- Protein folding and stability studies
- Perform biochemical assays
- Perform cell-culture assays
- Maintain a well-documented laboratory notebook
- Order experimental components, equipment, and supplies
- Meet strict safety standards
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- Candidate must have a BA or MS degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field (with lab experience) and/or 3+ years of experience performing lab work-- pay will be commensurate with prior experience
- Able to provide references
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Energetic, highly motivated, and hard working
- Experience operating an FPLC, HPLC, and mass spectrometer is a plus